Wednesday 11 May 2011

4. How did you use new media technologies in the construction and research, planning and evaluation stages?

Creatingimage











This small presentation shows how i created my image on my poster using GIMP













Click the image to show my slideshow on how i created my radio adverts. I used the same technique for both my American and Wigan version of the Ad.
Kizoa slideshow: Creating my radio advert - Slideshow



The main technologies i used when creating my products were photo editing software such as Photoshop and GIMP (a free photo editing pro gramme) I used them for a number of things through out my project such as:



My logo, i created this in Photoshop before transferring it onto my newspaper. I chose to create this in Photoshop as it has more artistic and accurate tools. I downloaded a sans-serif font for the word 'telegraph' to make it contrast yet still stand out from the word Wigan. I put my text in a red box and chose to use a bold white font so that it stands out and is clearly visible



I created my whole poster in Photoshop as its much more effective for a visual piece as it has a wider variety of tools, I created the image for this in GIMP for the same reasons.

Another technology i used was Facebook , i used this for feedback on my products which i discussed earlier in question 3. I also used YouTube regularly in my project for both research and to host my radio adverts...



This is a print screen from my YouTube channel showing where i uploaded all versions of my radio advert. I decided to use this website as it is well known and easy to use so will be good for feedback on my products.

It is also a good way to get my radio advert onto my blog by just copy & pasting the embed code below the video.



Another way i used YouTube was when i was researching for my radio advert. YouT

ube is a good website of this because of its vast amount of video and sound clips which are easy accessible and easy to search for.



I found an online programme called Kizoa this allowed me to make presentations stating how i made my images which i created in Photoshop, e.g the globe. This allowed me to send a link to me email to then embed into my blog to show markers how i created my poster. I also created a few slide shows in Microsoft Powerpoint which i uploaded to a website called slideshare which i then embedded into my blog.


Another

website i used when researching was text2mindmap, i used this to create mind maps filled with ideas for things such as article ideas and names for my newspaper. This is a screen shot of me creating one of these:






Another technology i used was when i wanted feedback for my radio advert, i made a free website and used the blog page to add both versions of my ad, http://chloejadehalliwell.webs.com/apps/blog/show/7055008-which-version-do-you-prefer-?
this is the webpage for that blog, i chose to get my feedback on this site rather than youtube for two reasons,




  1. the fact that i could put both versions in the same post under each other so that listeners could access both with one click and all my feedback would be on the same page making it easier to view and see which worked best


  2. Another reason i chose this site was the fact that people could give feedback without having to sign up, whereas on YouTube you have to sign up to post a comment, so this way it is much easier for people to give me my feedback


No comments:

Post a Comment